We are looking for a Buyer Intern at the junior level to join our team based in Rotterdam.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Buyer Team, you will assist senior buyers with the supply chain function within your assigned department. Through forecasting & stock management, you will help the senior buyer secure a product pipeline that is lean and profitable. You will assist senior buyers, in many cases introducing them to JD.com for the first time.
The responsibilities will be order handling, order follow up and order quantification. You will help to develop and execute a sourcing strategy based on market knowledge and analysis, with the goal of bringing only the best products at amazing prices to our customers. Sales data analysis will be another key area of your everyday job.
So what does it take to be a JDer? A JDer is someone who is dedicated to our Core Values:
Customer First Our number 1 priority and focus. We see customers as part of the family. Integrity Do things the right way. Be honest, respectful & trustworthy. Collaboration Share knowledge & experience. Build relationships for the long term. Gratitude Happiness through appreciation and opportunity. Don’t take anything for granted. All In Leave nothing on the pitch. Give it everything you’ve got, and you can’t lose. Ownership Act like it’s your business. Can do won’t quit attitude.
More than just an average assistant buyer intern role, you will be part of something bigger. As a relatively small project team, you will be working closely alongside other JDers who are based both locally and in Beijing. These include our wonderful Product Management, Marketing, Operations, and Logistics team, who are all working towards growing our business into a globally recognized platform. We offer a dynamic atmosphere and a sharing & coaching environment.
– Self-learning ability to think strategically and act tactically. Full of passion and innovative spirit.
– Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and balance various assignments
– Purchasing background preferred
– Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Wholesale, Retail, or eCommerce business acumen.
– Comfortable in a self-starter environment and with the ability to work in a fast-paced organization with other cross-functional team members.
– Ability to be agile and flexible with working hours as necessary with a start-up business.
– Fluent in English (written and verbal), understanding Chinese and Dutch will be a big plus;
– Available for a minimum of six months
– Enrolled in Dutch universities, and live near Rotterdam.
– An internship compensation.
– Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning after graduation.
– Be a part of this incredible “start-up” style project, backed by one of the biggest internet companies in the world.
– Be inspired by continuous technology advancements, working towards a more productive & sustainable World.
– The opportunity to work and develop your skills amongst diverse and motivating individuals.
If you’re ready for a new challenge and would like to apply for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please be sure to include with your application a cover letter, detailing why you think you would be a good fit for this role and JD.com
If you have any questions regarding these positions or the recruitment process- please feel free to contact