ABOUT THE LANGUAGE BUDDY SYSTEM
Always wanted to share your language with other students and learn another language in return, but did not have the means to find like minded people? We, at CSA-EUR have now created a platform that will connect students with an interest in language sharing: the language buddy system!
This service is based on the idea that students voluntarily meet with their buddies to share languages in a social context. Meet new people and learn a new language? Sounds like a win-win situation to us 🙂 Sign up now! Please note that all information you provide will be kept confidential and is solely used for matching purposes. We will contact you once we have found you a buddy!
Guidelines CSA-EUR Language Buddy System
• CSA-EUR is only responsible for the matching of a buddy, the rest of the contact is dependent on the participants and their own responsibility
• CSA-EUR considers your privacy to be important and thus the given information will only be used for the pair-up process
• The language buddy system is free of charge, which means that the system is voluntary, not monetary
• Please be careful to not share confidential information with your buddy
• Contact your buddy once you get paired up
• Meet up with your buddy and make clear agreements so that everyone knows what is expected of the other
• Talk to each other in one of the languages and after a while use the other language to communicate
• Meet up until someone does not want to be part of the buddy system anymore
Things to consider for contact agreements:
• How much time you want to dedicate to it
• How often you want to meet
• Where and when you want to meet
• The preferred way to contact each other
• How you want to use both languages, e.g. how long do you want to spend on one language and how long on the other, what kind of topics, etc.